Since all sewer pipes are vulnerable to issues, at 1-800-Plumbing our plumbers are sewer pipe experts!
Common Residential Sewer Issues
- Pipe corrosion, common with cast iron pipes. Can lead to rusty and broken sewer pipes over time.
- Clay pipes, which are very brittle and often crack. Clay pipes can crack in multiple places simply due to earth movement if they aren’t properly supported during installation.
- PVC or ABS plastic pipe. These pipes can crack under high water temperature.
We’ve seen all kinds of sewer line issues and completed every replacement and installation possible. You can rest assured knowing that we have your back!
Sewer Line Solutions
Sewer pipe issues are a common, and costly, property damage issue. Damaged sewer pipes can also lead to serious health issues for homeowners everywhere. From property layout to each sewer system being unique, we use specialized video camera equipment to locate and assess any cracks or damages in sewer pipes and come up with the best fix for you.
Trenchless Pipe Repair
We aim to make your plumbing problems as stress-free as possible and we know that you take great pride in your lawns. Because of this, we offer trenchless sewer repair! We’ll fix your plumbing issues so you can get back to enjoying every day life.
Ask us about our Trenchless Pipe Repair today! Let us show you the 1-800-Plumbing difference!
Pipe lining makes your sewer pipes brand new, from the inside out. Our plumbers line existing sewer pipes to eliminate pipe cracks, apply lining material which then hardens over the course of a few hours. When this process is completed, your pipes will be like brand new!
What are the signs of a broken sewer pipe?
- Toilets or bathtubs that take long amounts of time to drain, or doesn’t drain at all.
- Strange gurgling noises.
- A foul odor coming from your basement or yard.
- Sewage backup in your toilet or bathtub.
Why do sewer pipes crack and burst?
- Poor maintenance. It’s important for homeowners to clean drains and get rid of hair or grease buildup. Over time, things like sanitary products can build up and cause clogs. These clogs create pressure on your pipes, which can crack.
- Older pipes are more prone to issues, especially if there has been a bad pipe layout or installation.
- Over time, your house begins to settle with the ground around it. These changes and cause pipes to crack or break.
- Tree roots! Yes, those beautiful trees can cause havoc when they infiltrate sewer pipes. Roots can travel long distances, reach holes and joints, and crack open pipes.
- Weather. Especially here in Michigan, where the ground freezes often, repeated thawing and freezing can crack or burst pipes. If there is a big freeze, often pipes will burst.
No matter what your sewer issue may be, call 1-800-Plumbing, 7 days/week. We’re here whenever you need us!